I had to give him something to hold so he would lay still enough to take a few. Then he was off.
|Perfect capture of Jackson's "rubber band wrist."|
Some things about Jackson at 11 months,
- He's off. He is still mostly army crawling, but he is fast. I set him down, and suddenly he is in another room.
- I forgot how carefully you have to baby proof for a crawler. He finds things on a just swept kitchen floor. And having two 3 year old brothers leave things around doesn't make it easier.
- I know all his ticklish spots--the top of his legs and armpits are the best.
- He is at the stage where changing diapers or getting him dressed turns into a wrestling match.
- He is a sociable baby. He is my little shopping buddy while the twins are in preschool, and wherever we go, people stop to talk to him, and he just flashes a big grin.
- Now that he holds his own bottle, I don't sit and feed him anymore, with two exceptions. His first bottle of the day (which unfortunately is usually at about 5 followed by a few more hours of sleep) and the last. I love that last feeding. He is tired, and snuggly. He reaches up and grabs my shirt or neck. I especially love when he is really tired, and he covers his eyes with his arm.