Just a little update for my local friends about Book Club. You still have over a week to get the book and read it. We are meeting this month at Marissa M's house, February 5 at 8. We are reading one of my favorite books: My Grandfather's Blessings, by Rachel Naomi Remen. It's not a long read, and one that you can pick up, put down, and then pick up later. So even if you haven't read it, or read it all, please come.
I also added into my sidebar a list of the books we are reading this year, so all of you who use a reader, click on over and see if anything tickles your fancy.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Hello again! What a busy and fun week we had last week. Last July Dan and I decided we might like to do Disney World before Tyler reaches Kindergarten. When I mentioned this to my mom, she thought she might like to come along (and donate her time share--thanks mom!), and gradually we kept adding to people to our vacation. So Saturday the 10th 8 of us met up in Orlando--Dan and Tyler and I, my parents, my brother, and my niece and nephew. What a fun time we had. I also learned the following:
- I don't mind waiting in line to meet characters. (Whoever thought up those autograph books was a marketing genius!)
- January is a good time to go if you want fewer crowds. (As we neared the weekend it got more crowded, but Monday we went to Magic Kingdom and didn't wait more than 15 minutes for anything.)
- January is not such a good time to go if you want a warm and sunny vacation. (3 semi warm days, one rainy, one cold, one beautiful)
- Everest Expedition is an awesome roller coaster.
- I love taking vacations with my family, especially when I see how happy it makes Tyler.
- I am a bit of a control freak.
- Running on little sleep and lots of exhaustion can cause anyone to have a melt down, even the grown-ups.
- As I get older I like the shows as much if not more than the rides.
- If you want to rent a stroller, go ahead and get the multi-day discount.
- Even 6 year olds still want a stroller.
- Although Dan has sworn that he is done with Disney, I'm guessing that we will be back when we have more kids.
Monday, January 5, 2009
We have had such a fun last week. When my sister was down we had such a great time. She came with her husband and youngest, and the three boys stayed with grandma. We took them out to eat, shopping, and even down to Galveston. (Did you notice the absence of sand on the beach?) Dan and I also got to feed a little bit of our baby hunger with my ADORABLE niece:
And she is as good as she is cute.
We also made a trip out to San Antonio to do Sea World (we had to use our annual pass just one more time) and to Austin to visit family. It is always so fun to hang out with family, and we always stay up way too late.
Yet again, I have discovered another way that I am like my mom. I like beginnings: Mondays, Firsts, and January. I love this time to recommit and refocus myself on ways I want to improve. I have been thinking a lot lately about how I can truly become the person I want to be, and most importantly the person that God knows I can become. I hope to be able to continue the few changes/goals I have in mind, because I know that they will be pointing me in a good path. Good luck to all of you as you also make those resolutions!
PS for my local friends--Don't forget book club, this Thursday, 8:00 at Amanda's. Call me if you have questions!!