Here's what I love about him at 5 months:
- The smiles and giggles. He gives them frequently and fully.
- He's social. He loves people, and will give almost anyone who gives him attention some smiles and coos right back.
- He's a great eater. And he has the thighs to prove it.
- He sleeps through the night. He's not to 12 hours yet, but he is on a very regular schedule. He goes to bed at 8, wakes up at 5 to eat, and then goes back to sleep till 8.
- He has discovered his fingers and taken an interest in a few toys.
- His peach fuzz hair--so soft!
|See, this is my finger|
|I love baby thighs!|
We finally started him on rice cereal this week.
I know that with Tyler, we gave it to him the day he turned 4 months old. With the twins and some of their developmental delays, they got it some time between 5 and 6 months. This time around, our pediatrician recommended looking for readiness signs (duh moment on my part), so when he started playing with his tongue and following people eating with his eyes, we gave him cereal. He did awesome, and had very little mess.
He loves his play mat, and actually plays with the orange octopus.
His favorite place to nap is definitely his swing. I love how he puts his hands up by his face, or here behind his head.
Can you see why I am smitten with this boy?