- Lower expectations. In the past I have set up in my mind exactly what I wanted, and when it didn't happen I was disappointed. This year, I thought I was just going to be a mom, and celebrate my own mom, and it would all be good. No expectations.
- But, Dan outdid himself in the gift department. I got a gym membership (yay! I hope to finally lose my last of the baby weight) and 4 big pots of flowers for the patio.
- We had some slightly under the weather kids, just sick enough to stay home from church. Dan stayed with them, and Brady and I went. It was so peaceful with just one child.
- While I was at church, Dan cleaned up, and I came home to a clean house.
- I wanted a picture with each of my kids, and got it.
- I got to plan the menu for dinner, which means it was yummy.
- For the first time in 7 years I got to spend the day with my own mom, who is one of the most amazing ladies that I know.
- The boys did the dishes.
- I have 4 amazing children who are miracles in my life. I feel so lucky to be their mom.
And see how cute my mom and sisters are?