Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Day

We had a wonderful Christmas this year, but without the photo proof.  I was too busy enjoying myself to take many pictures, and the ones I did take were horrible low light messes.  I guess I just ought to stick to automatic until I learn more.


Anyway, Tyler first woke up at 2.  I then spent the rest of the night in his room on the top bunk.  We were up for good at 6:30.  Tyler was thrilled to discover that he was indeed on the good list and Santa did in fact leave him some gifts.  Legos, a pogo stick (which turned out to be a big hit), books, video games, candy.  I can't believe I didn't even take the picture of all the presents like I do every year!


The babies were up by 7.  They didn't get it all, but still had fun.  Brady's favorite present was a set of balls from Tyler, and Carter loved the Magna Doodle in his stocking.

We had a delicious breakfast of casserole, caramel rolls, and fruit (except Tyler ate his Lucky Charms that Santa left).  We spent the rest of the day relaxing. I loved it.  I even got a nap!

Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year.  I love our spiritual Christmas Eve.  We focus on the Savior, remembering that he indeed was "born that man no more may die."   Then there is the magic of Christmas Day.  As a parent, watching Christmas through the eyes of your children is even more amazing.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: