Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011

In yet another way I have turned into my mother, I love new beginnings.  I always love turning a calendar page to a new month, Mondays are a good thing, and the new year just makes me giddy.  I don't know what it is, but it has something to with potential.  A stretch of time lies before us and it is up to us to do what we want with it.  And it really can be whatever we make it.

With that in mind, I have been thinking about the upcoming year.  I wish I had a few more concrete goals in mind, but I do have a wish list.  My hopes and dreams for 2011:
  • I wish my home was orderly and clean.
  • I wish I had more time to read.
  • I hope Dan does well at work. (He is so much happier when he is not worrying about sales numbers.)
  • I would love to have a new addition to our family.
  • I wish I didn't have to see those close to me in pain.
  • I dream of the day I have a well-stocked pantry which I can use to whip up healthy meals that everyone would eat.
  • I hope everyone is healthy and happy this year.
And of course, I know that a real goal must be specific and measurable, and none of those things are.  So my goal is to do the 30 bag challenge.  I am going to get rid of 30 bags in 30 days.   They can be trash, donations, etc.  They can be big or small.  The point is to declutter and empty.  So there is my one goal for 2011.  I will let you know how I do.  And if I am successful, perhaps I can set another goal as I work toward making my other dreams a reality.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Angela S said...

30 in 30 sounds great! Dont forget to make lists of each item and condition you donate. I donated two black trash bags of clothes last week, the deductible value was $880. Of course it is a different value as far as how much it changed my taxes but it certainly helped. Your house will feel different with those 30 bags even if they are small. Good luck!

Michelle said...

I love the 30 in 30! You're a wonderful mother and I know that all 4 of your boys are proud to have you!!!