Thursday, March 8, 2012

Twins

I shared this picture on facebook awhile back:





We were almost home when I heard Brady call out, "Carter, hand."  When I pulled into the driveway and turned around, this is what I saw.

This is absolutely my favorite part of parenting twins--watching them interact with each other.  As they have gotten older, their relationship has grown more special.

For example:





The boys tend to get wound up at night, and their favorite activity is jumping on the couch.  They jump from one side of the sectional to the ottoman to the other side, or stand on the back and jump onto the seat.  And no, Mom and Dad do not approve this activity.  This night, they were doing all their usual jumping, but hand in hand.   Also, notice the lack of shirts.  Carter had spilled at dinner, so we took his off knowing we'd be getting pajamas on soon.  Well, of course Brady wanted his shirt off too.

They also tend to defend each other.  When one of them gets in trouble, the other stands up.  I've heard Carter call out, "Dad, mean" more than once when Brady was being disciplined by Dad.  And if Carter is getting taken to time out, he will reach out to Brady: "Brady, help me."

I love hearing them ask to hold hands, come play, or give hugs.

So while our life is crazy and chaotic with twins, it is also so fun to watch them together.

No comments: