Sunday, December 8, 2013

November in review

I feel like November can be summed up in one word: exhaustion.

Let's see.  I've been growing a baby--tiring by itself.  I've been chasing after 4 kids, including 2 preschoolers and a toddler.  And we found out we are moving.  Which led to 10 straight days of massive decluttering and cleaning, followed by keeping my house clean every day for the last 2 weeks.  So yes, I'm tired.

What about this move?  Well basically Dan was at a national sales meeting for his company the first week of November and called to tell me the company had announced some plans to restructure.  Basically for him, it meant that if he still wanted to work for them, he would be moving.  We were very lucky that they were accommodating enough to get him a territory back in Houston.  He started his new position December 2, and will be back and forth for two months.  The rest of us will head down as soon as I can travel after having the baby, so probably the end of January.

I've been pregnant 3 times.  The first, we moved when I was about 14 weeks pregnant.  The second I moved locally at about 10 weeks, and then across the country at about 18.  The third pregnancy I will be moving about 4 weeks post partum.  Yes, we move a lot.  Yes, I hope we are done with the moving.

Anyway, that was our super exciting November.  We fit in one trip to the zoo.  I took one picture on Thanksgiving (which was actually super nice and as always delicious.) And in addition to the cleaning, we did the usual running around, grocery shopping, carpools, and so forth.  I know--so exciting.

2 comments:

Angela S said...

Wowzers. You can do this. Sending prayers!

Charms said...

I saw the sign in your yard and was really bummed. It's my own fault for not hanging out as much as I would have liked, now you are gone! Best of luck to you, and please keep in touch. You are awesome, Can't wait to see that new, handsome little one!!!