Monday, January 20, 2014

Christmas 2013

We had a great Christmas.  I spent a lot of time resting since I was feeling so big and so pregnant, and having so many contractions (the Sunday before Christmas I had 8 in one hour, which freaked me out thinking we were going to end up with another Christmas baby).

We spent Christmas Eve at my sister's house.  We started off with yummy food. (Why am I always thinking about the food?)  She provided meats and cheeses for sandwhiches, and all the rest of us brought appetizers to go with it.  I want some more of those meatballs right now.  We also acted out the nativity, where Dan and I were chosen to be Mary and Joseph for obvious reasons, while my boys were the shepherds. 





We didn't stay too late, but headed home to open pajamas and read "Twas the night before Christmas."  But apparently I didn't take any pictures of those things.

The kids got to bed and we waited for Santa.  I worked hard to have things ready so we wouldn't be up all night wrapping, which was good because it took us long enough just to pull everything out of hiding.


The next morning, things were exciting and chaotic.







We got a new WiiU, and everyone got something to ride on plus one other toy (train, Beyblades, Snap Circuits), plus stockings and clothes.

Then we headed to brunch at my other sister's house and to spend some time with family.





I love Christmas.  I feel like there were things I just missed out on this year as far as our traditions, but I am glad we got to focus on the most important things: family and the birth of our Savior.







No comments: