Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day 2

This morning we received a call from our caseworker. We have been chosen by a birthmother. I am so excited and happy and a little nervous too. I am especially grateful; I know that most people looking to adopt wait months if not years. We have been officially approved for only a few weeks. We are expecting a little boy with an estimated arrival of June 15.
I have spent today going through the baby clothes, looking at baby names, talking to Tyler, and just thinking about how things will change. Also, I feel so out of practice, will I remember how to parent a newborn? What was the eating and sleeping schedule that we followed with Tyler? How do you dress a newborn in the middle of summer? Can I spread my love across two children? Are we ready? I think so. In fact, we can't wait.

8 comments:

jennmom2000 said...

This is such great news!!! I am so excited for you. You will be the best mom to this new little baby boy. I can't wait to see how he fits into your family. Tyler will be a great big brither.

Speers Family said...

Congratulations! We heard the news last night and were so excited for you! We pray that everything will go even better then expected!

Jen said...

I got teary eyed just reading your post. What amazing news! June is just around the corner. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Crystal said...

Yay!!! I also got teary eyed when I read it!! I am so happy for you, and hope everything goes well. I know you will be a great mother! June is SO soon!! Whoohoo!

Stephanie said...

Angela,
I am SO EXCITED for you!! Congratulations.

Camilla said...

ANGELA!! HOORAH!!! I AM SO, SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS. What a blessing. All that baby stuff comes back to you very quickly-- and don't worry, there's more love than you need. I bet Tyler is so excited- and wow, you really don't have much time to prepare- good luck!

Kelsey said...

What a wonderful thing! We are estatic to celebrate with you! Keep us posted. There is a reason the timing went by so quickly. You guys deserve it.

Alisha said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! THAT IS SO EXCITING!!! Hooray for you guys! I can't wait to see the new little one!