Monday, July 7, 2008

Home Alone

We had a great fourth of July weekend. Dan's sister Jenny and family came to town, our BBQ was delicious, and as always, Tyler loves his cousins. Well, it came time for them to leave and Jenny announced that to her kids. Poor Tyler started to cry. (Well a pretty good fake cry anyway.)

"Oh Tyler, do you want to come home with us," she asked?

He stopped crying and big smile came over his face.

She came in to tell me all about the fake tears and we had a little laugh over him. Well, not five minutes later, he came downstairs with his suitcase, packed with pj's, clothes for the next day, and even a toothbrush.

"I'm ready to go," he said.

I pulled him aside and told him that Aunt Jenny was just kidding. And besides, I would miss him too much.

"That's okay mom, you can come visit me."

And by now the cousins were in on it. Allie, who is 10, took him into the next room and helped him write us a note.
I mean, how could we resist that? So Tyler went to Austin last night. He's coming back today with grandma and grandpa who are heading our way to help Dan's brother move in. And I have had the morning to myself. I exercised, finished my book, ate breakfast, and now I really need to get a move on my housecleaning. That brother that is moving to town? They are staying here and will be here this afternoon.

4 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

So cute!! We attempted one cousin sleepover last year (I think the kids were still too young).

Glad you had the morning to yourself-- refreshing, isn't it?

Stephani said...

I'm so jealous!

Emily R said...

cousin sleepovers are the best!!! gotta love those little boys in sports. ya, the heat of the summer sucks, but i make my kids do it cause i need a reason to get them off the couch!!!

Crystal said...

How cute is that!! Kids to the funniest things! Glad you had some time alone!!