Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


I love it. The weather here is cold (for Texas), all the decorations are up, and I just downloaded me some new Christmas songs. Yeah for Christmas!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving visiting my family in Utah. It is always so great to see them; we have so much fun playing together, and laughing. My sister is especially giggly when she gets tired. We also made sure to hit all the regular Utah stops: Seagull Book, Roberts Crafts, Shade, and Cafe Rio. We were also thrilled to be able to attend the annual trim-the-tree party. When we were little, my grandparents would host a party where we came down, helped decorate their house, cracked a pinata, and received a new Christmas ornament. My mom has carried on the tradition with her grandkids. Tyler has only been to it once though, when he was 11 months old, so we were so happy to be there.

We had a safe trip home and pulled out Christmas stuff the night we got home. It is all ready, and I actually feel pretty ready for Christmas. I am by no means done with everything, but I feel like I am in a good spot. Only a few more gifts to buy, one preschool party to organize, presents to wrap, okay maybe a bit more than I realize. I hope you all have a great holiday season!

3 comments:

Wish upon a Starr said...

I was so excited to find your blog through Amber's!! This is your cousin Mel. My blog address is: melandkevin.blogspot.com. Feel free to visit, and I look forward to visiting you more, if thats okay?!

I can't wait for Christmas, however, I'm having a hard time getting into the mood. I think we have had one snowfall yet, and we are in December. Thank goodness for Christmas music, that does help a ton!!

Well, take care!!
Melanie Starr

Lori Muir said...

You sound a lot like me. We could be related. I was a little slower on the decoration uptake, but I started to get in the Christmas Spirit by downloading a Christmas song Michelle and I used to listen to over and over as little kids which is not very common, so I was very excited to find it. It was called, "Ding-a-ling the Christmas Bell" Then, I downloaded God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by BareNaked Ladies, and I have enjoyed that one immensely. Glad you're in a good spot. I'm finally learning to be more proactive and do as much Christmas stuff as I can early, so I don't get overwhelmed! I'm glad your trip was good.

Paula said...

Hi Angie, Thankfully Brenda told me that the Dan and Angela on her blog is the Angie I know and love. I will have to add you to my list. It's so good to see your cute family.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Tell them all hi from me.