Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Birthday Boy

Well, I can add to my list. You know, the list you made before you had kids of things you would never do, but now have?

Last weekend we celebrated Tyler's birthday at one of those huge birthday party places. (Poor kid will never get a party on his actual birthday, December 26. We will always have to plan for the beginning of December or wait until January) It is a place full of inflatables just up the road from our house. I was never going to do one of those gigantic parties with a bazillion kids that costs more than any parent should ever spend on a birthday party, but we did. And, cost aside, I loved it.

It started when Tyler went to a party there in the fall. He totally wanted his own party there. So the seed was planted, and Dan and I began thinking about it. Then, we talked about who we should invite. As we started to name kids from school, I felt that we really ought to invite his whole class. And as we named kids from church, and from the neighborhood, suddenly we found ourselves with a large number. There was no way I was doing a party for a small army in my house, so we went with the big-ol' birthday party.

Like I said, it was really fun. All I had to do was show up with cake and write a check. They took care of everything else, down to a helper in the room to serve the pizza and write down the gift list. So happy birthday buddy!

(I am sure you will get another somewhat sappy post as his real birthday rolls around.)



4 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like he had a blast!

I love your family pictures! They are so cute! You have such a darling family!

Merry Christmas!

amanda said...

i love it and so did keira! time flies but in the end the memories and no stress make those big parties great fun!! Merry Christmas

Camilla Millar said...

That looks like the funnest party ever. . . .my kids have actually told me that they want their party at the bounce house (glad to hear it was worth the money).

Lori Muir said...

How fun! We have one of those places nearby. My kids love it. Luckily we've only had to celebrate 2 Christmastime/birthday parties. I don't look forward to it when Jacey gets older.