Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Traditions 4

I didn't send out Christmas cards for the first few years we were married, but have sent out cards for at least the last 7 years. Most of those have been homemade, a few have been photo cards. I do include a short "newsletter" because I like receiving them. I have ordered photos this year to slip into an envelope with a little note. I sure hope I actually get to send them out because they still have not arrived. The snapfish website says they were shipped the 8th; I think it's time for some follow up with them.

Anyway, along with the sending of Christmas cards, I do a really silly thing. At the end of the season, I take all the cards we got and pack them up with my Christmas decorations. Then next year I read them all over again. Here is the stack I pulled out at the beginning of the month:


You see, I love getting cards. I love checking the mail; seeing how people have changed; hearing what is new. Sweet Dan knows this, and since he usually gets the mail, he always saves the cards for me to open. So by saving my cards, it's like getting Christmas cards all over again.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

what a cute idea. i never know what to do with the cards. i usually keep the photo ones forever but the cards i end up tossing out or saving if they are really special. i will have to give this a try!

T Fowler said...

I hope I'm getting a card! Your card are always so cute.