Once upon a time I kept a relatively clean house. I wasn't the cleanest, most organized person, but I was happy to invite people in with little advanced notice. I had a weekly rotation of jobs, laundry was actually put away the same day it was folded, and I even vacuumed three times a week. Now? It is all I can do to keep the laundry going, not let the dishes pile too high in the kitchen, and keep the family room relatively straightened.
Here are some of the things I can't figure out how to do with babies around:
- load/unload the dishwasher (it it's open, the babies empty it faster than I can deal with the dishes)
- vacuum (if they are awake, they don't like the sound; if they are sleeping I worry it will wake them up)
- sweep/mop (hard to get the floor clean when they are underfoot; unfortunately, or maybe I should say luckily, they are like puppies who will eat their dropped food off the floor if I don't get to it)
- keep the toys at bay (seriously, how does anyone do this?)
- shower (I used to just bring them in the bathroom, but lately they've been trying to eat my haircare products)