Thursday, July 29, 2010

My early morning

It's now 6:50 a.m.

Carter and I have been up for over an hour.

We are staying at my sister-in-law's house right now, so I didn't feel comfortable just ignoring the screaming. Nor did I feel right about turning on the tv and letting him entertain himself while I watched from the living room couch.

So I just brought him back to bed with me. Now that normally is not a good idea anymore. Where the babies used to snuggle down with us if in our bed, nowadays they tend to crawl over and across anyone or anything to try and get the remotes. Or right off the bed.

But today, Carter mostly snuggled. And it made me miss that snuggly newborn stage. But he just laid down by me; let me rub his back; sucked his taggie and thumb. And finally about 10 minutes ago fell back to sleep.

So while my day sure started early today, I think it was totally worth it.

2 comments:

T Fowler said...

That is so sweet. My only snuggler was Enoch (and still is). Don't you love moments like that when you can just enjoy your child without interruption?

Shelly Cunningham said...

Those moments are priceless, aren't they?