Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Busy Weekend

Not much seemed to happen at all this week, other than the same old carpooling, running errands, and cleaning my house. So when Saturday came around, we decided to make the most of it. Dan had been invited to go jet skiing with some friends, so Tyler and I decided to have our own fun. His choice, Old MacDonald's Farm. Just down the street from us, off F.M. 1960 for any locals, is a small farm with petting areas, play structures, a small train, pony rides, a pool, a GIANT sand pile, and so on. This was the first time since we were there last March that I would even consider it with our warm weather. I am just not used to this pretend fall in Houston. We have been cheering because last week the highs were only around 85, and the overnight lows were actually below 70! But, I digress. As I said, this is the first time I thought we wouldn't die of heat exhaustion if we went. And know what? When we left at 1:00, I was still pretty hot, just not drenched in sweat. Anywho, here are our fun pictures of the day:

Tyler is funny because it's a farm, but he really doesn't like the animals all that much. He didn't want to pet any of them, and he made me feed them. I don't particularly like feeding them myself. So we spent most of our time playing on the fort and slides, and riding the train. Also, during the month of October, kids get to pick a pumpkin to take home. Don't you love the pumpkin that he choose? There weren't really any big ones, but he choose the littlest one he could find. He's funny.

Then, as if the farm wasn't enough, we came home and changed and went to a birthday party! One of the boys in Tyler's preschool had a party, and we were invited. It was at this cool place called Kids in Action. They had tons of games and stuff to play on, and music, and it just kept the kids so busy. Here's Tyler:

We had a lot of fun yesterday, and Tyler went to bed early, and slept hard. Oh, and we even found his precious blankies. They had been lost for almost 2 months, and we found them yesterday in the garage. Yeah for mom, the super blankie finder!!

We have also turned in our adoption application, along with our nonrefundable fee (eek!) and hope to hear from LDS Family Services soon.

And finally, the weekend was also quite busy today, as I received a new church calling today. I am the 2nd counselor in the primary presidency. Our ward split two Sundays ago, and the entire PP was in the other ward. Today we practiced for the primary program, which is next week. Needless to say, we are not quite organized with everything, but this program is looming over our heads!! Today went well, the children are well prepared, and I'm assuming that even if it isn't perfect, it will be wonderful, and everyone's favorite Sunday of the year. We'll see next week.

No comments: