Sunday, October 28, 2007

Grateful Sunday

I've seen other people make these grateful posts a regular part of their blogs, and I think that's a fabulous idea, so here are a few things I am grateful for today.

1. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
This seems to actually encompass several of my thoughts right now. I am grateful that we have a church led by men of God. We had Stake Conference today, and it was such a blessing to hear these messages today. The thing that really sticks with me is the desire to learn more about my Savior Jesus Christ. Along with the spiritual nourishment that comes with membership, it's the friendships that I also value. I love that no matter where we move, and we have certainly done that a few times, we have always so quickly felt a part of our new ward. No matter how big the church gets, it still stays small, which is just divine planning. Just today we were visiting with someone in our ward, and she told us about her niece's experience with adoption, and it just is so nice to have that kind of support.

2. My husband.
I know, I sometimes complain that he worries too much, or that he doesn't help me around the house enough, but he is actually an amazing man who loves the Lord, loves me, and loves Tyler. He works so hard and does his best to be the best. And I love him for that.

No comments: