Monday, February 4, 2008

Winter in Texas

Granted we do have days that get "cold." We have had a few overnight lows of 30 or so; Last week the highs were only in the 50's. But today was not one of those "cold" Texas days. Today, we hit 80. I don't know if I am ever going to get used to it, or if I will ever blog about things other than our weather.

Anyway, today I had to drive down to the med center. As part of our adoption application we both need physicals, and before my doctor ordered gobs of blood work, he wanted to see my last round of blood work which was at the RE's office. So Tyler and I drove the 45 minutes that it takes to get there, picked it up, and wondered what to do next. It seemed silly to just turn around and drive home; the children's museum is close, but it's closed on Mondays; did I know of a park nearby? And then it hit me, let's try the zoo.


We haven't been to the one here yet, and Tyler really wanted to go. We had a fun spontaneous trip, and I was surprised that his favorite thing was the reptile house. We are going to have to go back one day for a planned trip when we can stay just a little longer. Oh, and did you notice he's wearing shorts! Gotta love the weather.

No comments: