Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer fun

This summer has been crazy.  Let's just say that this house has not been an organized, well-oiled machine.  Chores have been haphazard, cooking has been sporadic, and at the end of the day, I am just happy my kids are still alive.

Two weeks ago, I tried to implement Tyler's chore chart.  Again.  He had his list of chores to do, and if he finished them by 10, then we had a special activity for the day.  Just simple things, but something for him to look forward to.  We went to Jumpalooza one day, got Sonic slushes, and went to our cousin's house to swim.  It really worked.  I let him have some say in what we would do, and he did his chores without complaint.  One day, we set up a water party in the backyard.  All three kids loved it.





As I said, that was two weeks ago.  I would like to report that last week we were back to our regularly scheduled chaos and disaster. 

No comments: