Thursday, July 28, 2011

17 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is about 5 inches long and roughly the size of a grapefruit.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm up 6-7 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yes.  Just ordered a few more things online last week.  And a funny note about maternity clothes.  I had saved some things from when I was pregnant with Tyler, which was exactly 8 years ago.  I had 2 friends over to help pack when we moved, and we actually pulled out that box.  It was hilarious what we found--my how styles change in 8 years.  Things were so much bigger then; I like the trend of more fitting tops this time around.  I remember when I was pregnant before, my sister offered to lend me her maternity clothes, some of which were 8 years old.  At that time, I thought everything she had was a tent.  I think it's funny that I think the same thing now about my own 8 year old clothes.

Gender: Go in for the big ultrasound next week.  Hoping to change the 90% sure it's a girl to knowing 100%.

Movement: A few flutters.

Sleep: Pretty good.  I have had some insomnia, but most nights are good.

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.

Cravings: Nothing specific, just food in general.

Symptoms: A few this week.  First, I got a zit for the first time in forever.  Second,  let's just say I bought the big bottle of tums.  And third, I've been having some vivid dreams, as opposed to never remembering my dreams.  For example, last week I had a dream that my sister-in-law and I were in the hospital together.  (I know a lot of people know this, but for those that don't, I share a due date with my sister-in-law, January 1.  It is quite odd, since we both have struggled with infertility, and then each got pregnant on our own.)  We were walking around, just having given birth.  I was pushing both babies in a hospital bassinet, and I was desperately looking for someone with a camera because I wanted to post a picture on facebook.  At least I have priorities.

Best moment this week:  I love the second trimester--not too tired, not sick, not huge, just feeling good and getting excited.

And I must love you to include this wonderful, no make-up, late at night picture I made Dan take.  I am loving my bump.

No comments: