Tuesday, October 11, 2011

28 weeks


Size of baby: Over 2 pounds.  The twins were 32 weekers, and weighed 4 pounds.  I think it's amazing that in the next 4-5 weeks the baby will double in size, and the next 4-5 weeks after that will double again.

Total Weight Gain: At my doctor's appointment 2 weeks ago, I was already at 21 pounds.  I am supposed to gain between 25 and 35, so it looks like I will be at the high end of that.  Those darn McDonald's cheeseburgers!  However, I am measuring right on with the doctor.

Maternity Clothes: Ordered some colder weather stuff online, and I think I am done shopping.  I don't have a lot, but certainly enough to get me through the next 3 months.

Gender: Boy. Still no name.  Dan and I each have several names we like, but nothing we absolutely love.  And our lists are not overlapping at all.

Movement: Still the best part of being pregnant.

Sleep: Not horrible, but I do miss sleeping on my belly.

What I miss: My wedding ring.  I couldn't take it off today, so I had to grease it up and take it off.  My fingers are only going to get bigger.

Cravings: Nothing specific.  In fact, I don't find myself starving like I have been in the past.

Symptoms: I must be in the third trimester.  I've had Braxton-Hicks, back pain, and heartburn.  Yay!

Best moment this week:  Realizing I can rest my arms on the top of my belly.


Other pregnancy news:  I get to go do my glucose screening and get a rhogam shot next week.  Lucky me.  I also finally did some preparations for this boy--I bought a coming home from the hospital outfit for him.  He doesn't need much, but I definitely wanted to get him his own special homecoming outfit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look how cute you are! I'm so curious to see how this little boy turns out looking. Tyler is little Dan, and the twins have their own exotic looks - it will be interesting what Boy #4 brings.