Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More details


Brady Michael S. (Twin A)
June 20
2:57 a.m.
3 lbs. 12 oz.




Carter David S. (Twin B)
June 20
3:30 a.m.
4 lbs. 1 oz.


Things are going well. I had no real idea what to expect for the whole preemie thing. We still haven't even been able to hold Carter because of a line they have in him. Carter was on a ventilator for a little bit, and both of them were on CPAP (? am I saying that right?), but by the time we saw them neither needed anything for breathing. Yesterday Carter was under lights for jaundice, but today both of them were under the lights. Apparently Brady's billirubin count jumped. I am just looking forward to the time when we can hold them and feed them and really care for them.

Dan asked if it was different than with Tyler. It is. As I look at them, I can already feel so much love for them. I think the difference is that when Tyler was born, I felt like I had known him for months already, whereas with these guys I only met them yesterday. But boy are we sure excited to get to know them better.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the names you guys picked out. We are praying that they can come home soon. We love you guys!! we are just super Happy for you, Dan and Tyler.

Rachel Elaine said...

Great names! I hope you are able to hold them and bring them home soon. Congratulations again!

Alisha said...

Cute names! I hope you get to hold them soon. They are going to be so spoiled with all the love they are going to get! Can't wait to see them!

T Fowler said...

Oh my goodness! They are so adorable. I didn't realize how tiny they were. Don't stress about the jaundice; all of my kids had severe jaundice and got through it great. They are so precious! Love the names, too.

Emily R said...

i am SOOO excited for you guys! they are so tiny and sweet! love the names! congrats!

Brit said...

I can't wait to meet them! And I love the names!

Stephanie said...

They are so cute. Love the names. So so so happy for you guys!

amanda said...

great names! I bet you are at a whole new level of joy! I hope they grew fast and keep getting stronger so you guys can come home and share these new little blessings with us all! I bet Dan and Tyler are having a blast and how neat to have your family so close by for this miracle!!!!

Brandy said...

PRECIOUS! I found your site as a bloghopper :) and I am so glad I did. Reading this post actually brought tears to my eyes, I have twin boys that are about to turn 2 and my little brother was adopted at birth and is now 16! Man how time flies. When my boys were born they weighed 3 lbs 12 oz and 4 lbs 1 oz also and I have a Braden Michael. Your story is so neat and such an example of the Lord and his PERFECT timing. Good luck in the days ahead.....there is nothing like having multiples and being a part of an adoption. Enjoy those blessings and may God continue to bless your family.