Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The story

Last Friday evening the adoption agency called us. They had a birthmom heading for the hospital, about to deliver twin boys. Could they show our profile? Our answer was, of course.

Saturday morning the agency called back to say the twins had been born and the birthmom was looking at profiles later that afternoon. A couple hours later they called back to ask if we could have a conference call on Sunday.

We spoke with the birthmom Sunday. We did a conference call one other time, and it was just kind of awkward. This call went so smoothly, and we felt so comfortable talking with her. About 20 minutes later she called back and let us know she had chosen us. How fast could we make it to Utah, because she wanted to meet us before she left to go back home. We were able to catch a flight to Vegas, and made it to Utah about 4:30 in the morning.

Yesterday was another crazy day. We were able to go over to the agency and meet the birthmom. It was so nice to talk to her. I think we were lucky to get such a great birthmom. We got all the paperwork completed. We then finally got to go meet our boys. They are little, and sweet, and adorable. We are heading back over to the hospital to see them again. Tyler wasn't able to meet them yesterday, so we are excited for him.

As you can see, this was just so crazy and so quick. We had always been told that it could happen on such short notice, but didn't imagine it would be that fast--from the first time we heard of the birthmom Friday evening, to holding them in our arms Monday afternoon.

As a note: the birthmom went to Utah to deliver, but she hadn't had much prenatal care. When she arrived at the agency, she told them she thought it was a girl. They sent her to get an ultrasound last Wednesday, and discovered it was twin boys! So no one knew it was twins until just last week.

Ok, I will post some more pictures after we get back from the hospital today.

11 comments:

Jen said...

I didn't even get a third of the way through your post and I started crying. I am so thrilled for you and Dan and Tyler. Can't wait to hear more! Congratulations on your beautiful boys!!!

Michelle said...

I'm so happy, I get tears in my eyes just thinking about you guys. What a great Blessing or shall i say Blessings. I wish you didn't have to stay in Utah so long. i can't wait to see the so adorable boys.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for your family! Congratulations!

Di said...

Wow! I am so excited for you. What a whirlwind experience. I can't wait to meet your cute babies. How long are you going to be in Utah?

amanda said...

I am sooooo excited for you and how neat so I am jumping up and down for joy for you and Dan! I hope that if you need anything you will call-I would love to help in anyway!!!!!!

Laura H said...

I stumbled on your blog and your story. Congratulations on the birth of your babies. We too adopted twins. We too were told on a Wed and picked them up on a Monday. Very fast and crazy. We felt we had won the lottery. All the best of luck.

carol said...

Congrats, they look so sweet! I can't wait to see them. How neat to have two little brothers adopted together.

Josie said...

Yea! I'm so excited for you guys!

Alisha said...

OH CONGRATULATIONS! We are so excited for you and your family! Twin boys! Hooray!

Lauren said...

Angela, I'm so excited for you guys!! Congratulations, and I'm so glad things have worked out for you! Have fun in Utah, and let me know if you need any help once you get back to Texas... I'd be happy to lend a hand!

Brit said...

Oh my goodness! I have been gone from the blogging world for a week and have missed so much! I cannot even express in words how happy I am for your family. I found out this morning and have been teary about it all day:) I wish your family all the happiness in the world. You guys deserve it. I am so happy Max has two new friends to play with!! And they are both absolutely precious.