Monday, November 2, 2009

Bathtime

I'm still trying to decide if I like bath time. When Tyler was a newborn, he got his bath every other day--no exceptions. With the twins, it just sometimes feels so overwhelming. Our evenings can get crazy if dinner goes late, then trying to get Tyler ready for bed, including bath, pj's, story, family scripture time, and whatever excuses he can come up with. And then doing a baby bath, not once but twice?

But on the other hand, I know that when I put a boy in the tub, he is going to love it. Both babies enjoy the water, and I find that I absolutely love the one on one I get with each one. It's just a little chance to talk to them, care for them, and love on them. And as a bonus? You end up with yummy smelling babies.

I guess bath time is one of those times when the good outweighs the bad. I'll tell myself that the next time I think: "Oh, it's only been three days--one more won't hurt."

Carter


Brady

1 comment:

Rachel said...

LOL! My almost three year old still only gets a bath every other day. But you're right - despite the trouble of it, they're sooo cute when they're in the bath!