Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Brady


Yesterday I finally got the babies signed up for childcare at the gym. We trekked our way in, double stroller and all, got everyone settled, and I was able to put in a workout. When I came to pick them up, it was just what I would have guessed--Tyler was off on the jungle gym, Carter was playing with a baby toy, and Brady was being held by the worker. As soon as my Brady saw me, he reached out to me. I took him in my arms and kissed his head as he snuggled down into my shoulder.

I know it isn't a big deal, my baby recognizes and loves me. But as an adoptive parent, you have this subconscious worry, at least I have. Of course I'm their mom, they are mine and always have been--but still, will they bond like a biological child? Is there going to be a different feeling with the twins than with Tyler? So when Brady reaches out to me, or climbs all over me, or wants me and not someone else, it means the world to me. I love my sweet Brady.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ooooh - I like that picture. Such a sweet post. I'm so happy for you guys - still. :)

Michelle said...

I love that picture. Next time I will have food in my hand and then Brady will come to me. You can tell that Brady and Carter both know who their mom and dad are. They are both so lucky to have you guys in their lives.