Thursday, November 29, 2012

The good, the bad, and the ugly. Again.

I did a good, bad, and ugly post once before,  and I think it's time again.

The Good.

The twins can buckle their own car seats!!  When Jackson was born, and I had to fit three car seats in my minivan, I put both the twins in the back.  I figured I wasn't about to put Jackson's carrier in the back, and if I was putting one I might as well put both.  After all, I was going to be climbing in the back no matter what.  So after 11 months of climbing into the back of the van every time we went anywhere--I don't have to anymore! Believe me, this is something that makes me so happy.



The Bad.

In a bit of seriousness, parenting these two can be hard.  I don't know if it's the fact that there are 2 of them, their age, or just their personalities, but they try my patience.  Let me just say, I love them to pieces and most of the time they are great, but they also have a streak.  They are destructive (you should see our walls and my parents' walls too), they won't sit still (every week, church is a nightmare), and their temper tantrums embarrass me.  And being consistent is hard because I feel like I am outnumbered.  I am trying every day to be a better parent to these two.  To all my boys.



The Ugly.

I don't want to gross anyone out, so let me keep this brief.  One of the twins is not quite #2 potty trained.  We had a poop catastrophe this week that involved two baths, one bathtub disinfecting session, carpet cleaning, and an extra load of laundry.  Gotta love being a mom.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are a wonderful mother and these two boys are so lucky to have you and Dan as their parents. I'm sure its HARD everyday but just look at these two faces!!! Its all worth it in the end!! Love and miss you!!!