Friday, November 30, 2012

11 months

I can't believe that in less than a month we will be celebrating this sweet boy's first birthday.



I had to give him something to hold so he would lay still enough to take a few.  Then he was off.






Perfect capture of Jackson's "rubber band wrist."


Some things about Jackson at 11 months,
  • He's off.  He is still mostly army crawling, but he is fast.  I set him down, and suddenly he is in another room.
  • I forgot how carefully you have to baby proof for a crawler.  He finds things on a just swept kitchen floor.  And having two 3 year old brothers leave things around doesn't make it easier.
  • I know all his ticklish spots--the top of his legs and armpits are the best.
  • He is at the stage where changing diapers or getting him dressed turns into a wrestling match.
  • He is a sociable baby.  He is my little shopping buddy while the twins are in preschool, and wherever we go, people stop to talk to him, and he just flashes a big grin.
  • Now that he holds his own bottle, I don't sit and feed him anymore, with two exceptions.  His first bottle of the day (which unfortunately is usually at about 5 followed by a few more hours of sleep) and the last.  I love that last feeding.  He is tired, and snuggly.  He reaches up and grabs my shirt or neck.  I especially love when he is really tired, and he covers his eyes with his arm.

2 comments:

Shelly Cunningham said...

Oh! That made me miss "baby Wyatt" so much, "especially when he covers his eyes with his arm"... Isn't that the most precious baby thing!?! Happy (almost) birthday Jackson! You are so loved!

T Fowler said...

Oh my goodness - he is so adorable! It must be a 'mom thing' because I love it to when Guard covers his eyes with his arm during that bedtime feeding.