Sunday, November 18, 2012

Life is routine

After a very fun and busy October, November has been pretty ho-hum.  We have certainly stayed busy, but not with exciting activities--just routine.  And my life has become very routine the last few months.  Want to see how routine?   Here's our typical schedule.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday are my gym days.  I try to get up at 6:30 for some scripture study.  The kids are usually up by 7.  We get breakfast, and Tyler gets ready and out the door by 7:45.  Once he has left, I feed Jackson and myself and get the twins ready.  Then I spend about an hour doing chores--usually cleaning the kitchen.  Sometimes I can get a bathroom clean or even mop the kitchen floor.  We leave for the gym at 9:30 or 10.  I wanted to shed 15 pounds of baby weight, so I started working out with a trainer.  I love it, and it has become my me time.  After the gym, we go home, I shower, and we eat lunch.  We usually have some time before we need to get Tyler, and I either finish up chores or the twins and I will read books or play games together.

Tuesday and Thursday are preschool days.  I get up at 6 so I can get ready and read scriptures before everyone else is up.  I get Tyler out the door the same way, and then we get the twins ready and head out at 8:45 to drop them off at school.  Then I get 2 1/2 hours with just Jackson.  We go to the grocery store every Tuesday, and spend Thursday running other errands or doing stuff at home that I can't do with little fingers helping me.  After lunch, we might go to the library, do a craft, or I just send them off to the playroom so I can do chores.  (Yes, I feel like I am always doing these chores.  With 4 boys it never ends.)

Once we pick up Tyler from school, it is mostly about him.  He gets a snack, we do homework.  He has karate 2 days a week and cub scouts.  Dinnertime rolls around again.  We do baths, read books, and get everyone to bed.  Jackson is down my 8, the twins about 8:30 and Tyler by 9. 

On top of this oh-so-exciting routine, Dan has been traveling a lot.  He's been gone probably 10 nights this month.  I am glad that he is going to be gone one night this week, and then no more traveling for a while, maybe till the end of the year.

If you think this was boring to read, imagine how I have felt living it!

And just to make it worth your while, here are the 4 pictures I have taken this month.

First, Carter was getting in my way while I was trying to wash dishes, so I had him help.   He loved it.  


Next, this little boy can FINALLY hold his own bottle!


I just loved this picture of my three sweet boys watching tv together.


And finally the cool rainbow we saw this afternoon.





1 comment:

Shelly Cunningham said...

I love your rainbow pictures! And I love that I'm not the only one with a crazy steady routine, and chores dominating my entire life! You are not alone in that!