Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

We love our holidays around here and have been celebrating Halloween in one form or another for over a week now.  Here are some of our fun activities:

Barnyard Boo

Every year Thanksgiving Point turns their farm into a Halloween party, and since my mom has a grandparent's pass, we always go. 










Grandma's Halloween Party

My mom loves to throw a party for her grandkids.  For many years now, she invites us over for dinner and games.  This year the kids played ring toss, a shell game, a pin the tail game, and decorated sugar cookies.  We also made smores in my parents new fire pit.



My sisters were teasing me and said, "hurry get your camera.  We want to be on the blog."  There you go girls!



And look at these cute smores packages my mom made!






Carving Pumpkins

I actually really like carving pumpkins.  We use patterns from a book from Walmart, but there is something so awesome about cutting out all that negative space and then lighting them up and seeing your picture.  Nerdy, I know.




Tyler actually carved the headless horseman on his own.  It was his first time carving a pumpkin by himself, and he did great!




Costume Parade

Waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting.

There he is!  The werewolf who had to carry his mask.


And finally, trick-or-treating.

My sister, and especially her husband, set up quite the gig each Halloween.  They decorate, serve us dinner (soup, corn bread, veggies, chips and salsa), set up a movie in the garage, light a fire, and get ready for the trick-or-treaters.

My sister has four kids, three boys and one girl, and so combined with my boys, poor Rachel is the lone girl.





Brady and Carter were so fun this year.  They understood exactly what they were doing, and RAN from door to door.  And the best part was they were perfectly happy after just a few houses.


And Brady had to stop and take a swing break when he saw this swing set.  So cute.


1 comment:

Shelly Cunningham said...

Oh my! Buzz & Woody for the twins is just too cute!!!